Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Currently:

I am a full-time working mother of two kids two and under. I am selling my house, buying a new house, and moving 200 miles away in the matter of weeks. I am packing up supplies to set my family up for a month of temporary living in my parents' basement. I am shopping for daycares and interviewing babysitters. I am finishing up at work in a few days and starting a new job in less than two weeks. I am selling anything that's not nailed down. I am flying to my best friend's wedding at the end of the month. I am trolling LinkedIn for opportunities for my husband, and emailing all the connections I can scrounge up.


I am juggling house inspections, loan applications, job handoffs, late-night nursings, electronics transfers, bridesmaid duties, Craigslist scams, grocery trips, mover agreements, laundry mountains, employment contracts, bedtime stories, luggage contents, thank you notes, overdue library books, and goodbye gatherings.

I am waiting.
I am praying.
I am reminiscing.
I am cursing.
I am giving thanks.

I am overwhelmed.
I am stressed.
I am worried.
I am excited.
I am sad.

I am blessed.

And I am not alone. I'm the wife of an amazing man, a friend of too many to count, the mother of the two roundest balls of joy you can imagine, and the daughter of a loving Father. They are more than enough for me. And they are what gets me through the muckity muck, in this full-to-the-brim life.

We. 
Are blessed.

House or no house. Job or no job. Furniture, chores, paperwork, money, and stuff. I count it all as loss. And I thank God for the creative ways that he leads me to the cross

3 comments :

  1. OH. my gosh.
    the whole buying a house thing was almost enough to do me in!!
    It's pretty safe to say.... I'm never moving again.
    praying for you during this next few weeks of madness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen. and holy schmoly, is that fin standing in the crib!?!?! when did that happen!

    ReplyDelete