Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Little Pip-Speaks: 3rd Birthday Edition

Piper is 3. 

Somehow, it's been three years since this wild, tender-hearted animal changed everything about our lives. It feels like a lifetime. Or a day. She continues to change so fast I can't keep up with it, and I'm still struggling to find the exact right words to describe the complex mix of awesome that she is. But I desperately want to devote some time to writing about my girl. About this specific moment of "her" in the nonstop march of time that is a fleeting childhood. But that will have to happen another day. Because today I'm going to just smooch her little face as many times as she'll let me, and try to memorize exactly what her little voice sounds like when she says, "I love you, mama." 

So in honor of her birthday (and the one year anniversary of this blog series!) here's a round of her latest "Almost 3-isms":

http://bowdenisms.blogspot.com/search/label/little%20pip-speaks 
Piper on Smells: 
(She's weirdly into smells right now, so I actually compiled a little category...)
Pip-smell speak #1: Piper: Smell the bottle. It smells good. It smells like crackers.

Pip-smell speak #2:
Piper: Let me smell you. You smell good mama. You smell like coke.
Pip-smell speak #3:
Piper {In the bathroom at our neighbors' house}: I can't WAIT to smell the soap. {after trying it, and seeing the seascape on the Softsoap bottle}: It smells like fishies.

Piper on Halloween: 
Pip-spook speak #1:
Piper {in the car watching me run into a convenience store}: What is mommy getting?
Daddy: I don't know...
Piper: Maybe a costume!

Pip-spook speak #2:
Piper: {seeing a Party City store outside the car window}: There's a Halloween costume store!
Mama: Do you know what Halloween is?
Piper: Yes! You dress up like Halloween! You can dress like a kitty cat...or a dog...Or a purple kitty cat!

Piper, to her sister:

Pip-sis speak #1: 
Piper: Goodnight Finny. It's very time for your bedtime.

Pip-sis speak #2: 
Piper {looking for Fin}: Where is my little stinker?

Pip-sis speak #3: 
Piper: Finny! Lay down. Do I look like I'm kiddin' you?!

And general awesomeness: 
Pip-speak #1:
Piper: Let me tell you a joke.....{pause}....The snowman eats carrots. 
 


Pip-speak #2:
Piper: Where's daddy?
Mama: He's at church, practicing the banjo. 
Piper: Why? (also known as: every other word out of her mouth)
Mama: Because he's playing this Sunday and wants to do a good job for people.
Piper: No mommies play the banjo. Just boys.
Mama: Girls can play banjo if they want to.
Piper: But they don't have to. Last night (aka: any night that isn't right now) Daddy played banjo in my playroom and I helped him. You 'member that?
Mama: I don't think I was there.
Piper: You weren't. 'Member that mom?

Pip-speak #3: 
Piper {at Chick-fil-A}: I wanna order myself!.....{to the employee} I have a Chick-fiw-a and fruit.

Pip-speak #4:
Piper {praying before dinner}: Thank you for the food. Thank you for my girls. Amen.

Pip-speak #5:
{A few days after returning from Dustin's sister's, who happens to have a couple of pet turtles}
Piper: Turtles hide inside their shells when they're scared.
Mama: Any other times?
Piper: When it's winter.
Mama: What about when they're tired?
Piper: They sleep in Miss Ann's bathroom.

Pip-speak #6:
Mama {Asking about her sleepover with a friend from out of town}: Did you talk a little bit before you went to sleep?
Piper: Nope. {pause} I talked a LOT.

2 comments :

  1. I'm going to try the "Do I look like I am kidding you" phrase over here at bedtime and see if Piper's onto something. Happy 3rd birthday to a sweet, funny as all get out little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pip-spook speak- whew. say that one 5x fast. adorb

    ReplyDelete